Tom Bowen understood that the body, appropriately stimulated and put in the right conditions, is very often able to rediscover a balance by itself.
THE MAIN EFFECTS OF BOWTECH® (THE BOWEN TECHNIQUE)
- It modulates and harmonizes the activity of the sympathetic and parasympathetic components of the autonomic nervous system, responsible for the involuntary responses of the body and stimuli originating from both the internal and external environment
- The vital energy begins to flow freely and the immediate subjective perception is that of well-being
- The state of relaxation signals the beginning of the process of re-equilibrium and gives the body the opportunity to reorganize itself through the activation of various neural reflexes
- The body realigns itself, with beneficial effects on muscle-skeletal structure, on the nervous system and on the visceral functions
- It increases blood flow to the articulations and improves the water metabolism of the body tissues
WHO CAN BENEFIT
The Bowen Technique can be applied safely to any person of any age and there is a wealth of documented witness accounts proving the usefulness of the technique.
It should however be stressed, even though the technique is used by many therapists, that it should never replace the opinion of one’s personal medical doctor.
WHAT ONE FEELS
The general experience is that of a profound well-being together with a state of physical, mental and spiritual relaxation. In many cases this sense of relaxation can be accompanied by a range of sentiments or reactions.
For example, some persons can experience a sensation of warmth or coolness, while others may have a feeling of lightness or heaviness, tingling or vibrations.
BOWTECH AND SPORT
Bowtech is affiliated to the Centro Sportivo Educativo Nazionale (C.S.E.N.)- Provincial Committee of Milan, a body responsible for sports promotion recognised by the C.O.N.I. (Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano – Italian National Olympic Committee) and by the C.I.P. (Comitato Italiano Paraolimpico – Italian Para Olympic Committee), a national association with welfare aims recognised by the Italian Ministry of Interior.
C.S.E.N. is also accredited by the Ministry of Health as from 5 March 2003 (registration n° 7522) as National Association involved in training programmes of Continuous Education in Medicine.
TO KNOW MORE